Saturday, August 27, 2011

Planning ahead: NaNoWriMo

I entered the writing world in February, 2009, and for the last two years I've watched as my fellow amateur writers participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). In point of fact, it's an international event, but that's neither here nor there.

Any rate, NaNoWriMo participants sign up and pledge to write 50,000 words between November 1 and November 30th. I've never participated as I've had other obligations in that month and didn't want to set myself up for failure.

This year I've decided to plan ahead and join the challenge. I've already told my husband I'm going to sign up, and I shall plan my obligations accordingly - that is to say, I'm not going anywhere or doing anything that month. LOL

If you plan to participate as well, please add me as a writing buddy on the NaNo website. My profile is here. :)

No comments: