Saturday, March 5, 2011

ABC Meme

A. Age: 35

B. Bed size: Queen, and DH says I take 7/8ths of it. I would kill a kitten for a king size.

C. Chore you hate: Cleaning the bathrooms. Hate it.

D. Dogs: I have two. The one I've had longest is a 5yo lab/border collie mix named Zoe. The other I've only had a year and a half, but adopted him as a senior dog because a friend of a friend had to get rid of him after her marriage broke up. He's a 13yo golden retriever named Atticus - we call him Atti.

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee. It is a non-negotiable.

F. Favorite colour: Aqua.

G. Gold or silver: They both have their place. My rings are gold, my other jewellery is all silver.

H. Height: 5'6", and the shortest all the kids in my family. The tallest is 12.5" taller than me. ::grumble::

I. Instruments I play: Piano

J. Job title: Records Management Coordinator, which is a fancy name for file clerk. I left a career in the insurance industry two years ago and ended up with a job in municipal government. It doesn't place a great mental demand upon me, and the result is that when I sit down to write at the end of the day, I'm not mentally drained. It's worth mentioning that after spending fourteen years in insurance, I started writing within five weeks after leaving that job. That's not a coincidence.

K. Kids: I have two, and most days I don't regret that. Occasionally I contemplate offering them free to a good home.

L. Live: In a house in the woods, the same house my DH grew up in.

M. Mom’s name: Remember Hyde on That 70s Show? Our moms have the same name.

N. Nickname: Katiegirl and, unfathomably, Katie Starfish ;)

O. Overnight hospital stays: Only two overnight visits, when Thing 1 and Thing 2 were born.

P. Pet peeve: Quirky and numerous.

Q. Quote from a movie: There are so many - I'm going to go with the movie we watch most often these days. "Pirannah gun - oh yeah! Fires live pirannahs, ever seen one before? No you haven't, I invented it." -Vector, Despicable Me

R. Right or left handed: Left

S. Siblings: Two older brothers and a younger sister

T. Time you wake up: On a workday, my alarm goes off at 6:45. My alarm is CBC Radio, though, so I listen to that for a good half hour before I actually get outta bed.

U. Underwear: I am generally supportive of underwear.

V. Vegetables you dislike: Cauliflower and brussels sprouts

W. What makes you run late: When one of the kids is acting up before I leave for work and I stick around a bit longer to provide backup. It doesn't happen often but that's usually why.

X. X-Rays you’ve had: I had a bad run of ankle sprains in my late teens and early twenties. Had lots of ankle x-rays. Also had a chest x-ray once when I had walking pneymonia. Aaaaaand my teeth, of course.

Y. Yummy food you make: I rock lasagna, and mushroom risotto, and baked cheesecake. There are lots of others but those are my personal favourites.

Z. Zoo: I've only been to one - the Metro Toronto Zoo, when I was a lot younger. I have mixed feelings on zoos. I don't really like the thought of animals being taken so far from their natural habitat for the entertainment of humans. On the other hand, it's a good experience for kids to see animals that they wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to see.

No comments: