Monday, May 25, 2009

Poughkeepsie, by Mrs. The King

I've been harassed into beginning yet another story that has engulfed me with its beauty and angst. Poughkeepsie is a story about Bella, a young woman who commutes to NYC every day on the train; and a homeless man, Edward, who is at her train station every morning and evening.

Mrs. The King (whose username I love, btw - I assume it's a reference to the movie Cars), has woven a beautiful story. Themes include brotherly love; many different ways of expressing love; existential crisis; pride; mental illness; and so much more.

Mrs. The King updates frequently - it's already up to 31 chapters and she just started posting the story on Apr 29. Definitely, well worth checking it out.

3 comments:

Shannon @ So You Think You Can Paint said...

harassed, pfft. I didn't harass. I merely told you EVERY time I talked with you to read it. Hardly harassing...

Mrs. The King said...

Hi! Thank you for reading and mentioning my story. Yes, My screen name is from cars!

The next chapter will be about dealing with Alice's car and what to do about 'Revenge Partying'. I can't wait to update, though it has been a busy week at school. Thanks again! ~MTK

Jo said...

Oh! Just read the first chapter. Gorgeous!